Posts Tagged ‘Tweetchat’
For day 10 of the #reverb10 challenge, which encourages one to reflect on this year and manifest what’s next, the topic today is:
Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
I’ve gotta say that this year’s wisest decision for me was becoming a moderator of Bark Out Loud, the first weekly chat show on Twitter, every Monday night at 9:15 pm EST. Each week, we discuss a different topic relating to dogs, sometimes controversial and always exciting! We interview well-known guests experienced in the canine field who also answer participant questions.
Why wise? Let me count the ways. I’ve learned more about dog behavior and veterinary information on Bark Out Loud than I have in years. I’ve met some of my favorite people of all time. It’s been good for business. And most of all, it feels good to be a part of a community where people spend an hour-and-a-half with us weekly, discussing important and necessary dog issues!
The Bark Out Loud Team
- Mary Slade Doane, a nature educator in South Deerfield, NH. She writes a fascinating blog, called Mary’s Dogs Blog, about the adventures of her foster dog Aaron.
- Dr. Lorie Huston, a veterinarian in Providence, RI. She is a freelance writer for a number of pet health and veterinary publications, and has her own information-packed blog called Pet Health Care Gazette.
- Mary Haight, VP, Board of Directors of the Lakeshore Animal Shelter in Chicago, IL. She writes the thought-provoking Dancing Dog Blog.
- Me, Hilary, a canine coach/dog trainer in Louisville, CO.
What Topics Have We Discussed?
Here are the transcripts from our Bark Out Loud chats. Just click on a topic to read how the discussion played out!
- “Tricks for Success”
- “What is ‘Mindfulness’ and What Does it Have to do with my Dog?”
- “Breeding Standards: Ethics, Responsibilities and Purpose”
- “Tricks for Success: Part Two”
- “Dental Care: Keeping Those Pearly Whites”
- “Open Paw Organization”
- “Navigating Through Grief”
- “Matters of the Heart”
- “The Road to No Kill”
- “Heartworm Disease, Prevention and Treatment”
- “Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) for Aggression, Reactivity and Fearfullness”
- “Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) for Aggression, Reactivity and Fearfulness – Part 2″
- “Dog Days of Summer”
- “Up for Pups: Happy Tails of Rescue”
- “Fleas and Ticks”
- “East Meets West: Integrative Veterinary Medicine”
- “Managing a Multi-Dog Household”
- “Multi-modal Pain Management”
- “Pet Blogging: Blogging for Paws”
- “BlogPaws, Be the Change for Pets and BlogPaws West”
- “Helping Your Dog Adapt to New Situations”
- “Keeping Your Dog Busy”"
- “Canine Nutrition 101″
- “Never Shock a Puppy”
- “Feeding Fido, Part One”
- “Feeding Fido, Part Two”
- “Read All About It: Favorite Dog Books”
- “Howlin’ Halloween”
- “Up for Pups, Don’t Kill Bill and Happy Tails Books”
- “Fido’s Favorite 5: Can’t Live Without ‘Em”
- “Itching and Scratching”
- “Relieving Holiday Stress”
- “Funding Fido”
- “If Only I Could Change…”
Come join us–check out how to jump in! If you have a suggestion for a topic or have feedback on our show, please contact me. And stay tuned–exciting new changes are coming to Bark Out Loud in 2011.